April 13, 2012

Eggplant Fritters


Holy shit these tasted amazing.

I admitted to being borderline obsessed with cooking shows in an earlier recipe where I payed homage to Paula Deen, but here's another shout-out to a true OG: Martha Stewart.

Ok, so she's kind of a soulless, lifeless, consumerist, insider-trading demon, but this recipe (http://www.marthastewart.com/338843/eggplant-fritters?center=276955&gallery=274258&slide=262966) for eggplant fritters rocked my world. Go try them immediately. Like really - right now. That pact she made with the devil must've worked out, because DAMN can that woman cook up some eggplant.

I ended up forgoing the frisee salad and balsamic vinegar. instead, I opted to put one of these in a pita to take to work (good choice), but they're fine by themselves or on a salad too.

Items not dumpstered or donated: Olive oil, garlic, spices/herbs (some from garden), Parmesan

No comments:

Post a Comment