April 6, 2012

March Bounty

Now that I'm dumpstering more often, I decided to start consolidating my dumpstering bounty entries by month instead of doing a separate entry every time I go...because I've been going quite a bit. Lately, instead of doing larger excursions I've been trying to just stop by (sometimes while I'm grocery shopping later at night even), peek in, see a few things I want, take them, and move on. I was averaging 1 huge dumpster bounty a month last year, and so far this year I've been averaging once a week, which has kept me pretty sustained with the addition of shopping for some staples that are hard to come by in the dumpster.

2/20
- 1 bag organic sugar
- 3 red onions
- 1 bag grapefruit
- 1 seedless watermelon
- 7 honeycrisp apples
- 2 bags pizza dough
- 1 pkg cooked chicken
- 2 bananas
- 2 zucchini
- 1 cucumber
- 1 eggplant
- 1 bag potatoes
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 bunch radishes
- 1 lemon
- 1 pkg white mushrooms
- 7 tomatoes
- 1 pkg vine ripened tomatoes
- 1 portabella mushroom
- 1 pkg sliced provalone
- 1 carton coconut milk
- 1 box creamy tomato soup
- 1 pkg boneless skinless chicken thigh
- 2 pkgs pita bread
- 1 bag dried fruit
- 1 bag oranges
- 3 pkgs strawberries
- 2 veggie hummus wraps

3/5
- 4 oranges
- 6 apples
- Lean cuisine spinach artichoke dip w/ pita bread
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 lime
- 1 red jalapeno
- 2 heads huge bok choy
- 7 yellow onions
- 1 cucumber
- 6 bananas
- 1 portabella mushroom cap
- 2 pkgs sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- A few white mushrooms
- 1 pkg extra-firm tofu
- 1 very small tomato
- 1 bunch radishes

3/15 Bounty
- 1 pkg beer brat sausages
- Pre-cooked pulled pork
- 1 vegetable tray w/ cherry tomatoes, celery, broccoli, & carrots

3/29
- 2 heads broccoli
- 1 bunch kale
- 3 tomatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment