November 1, 2012

Fennel-Crusted Salmon


FENNEL-CRUSTED SALMON

Normally I will never dumpster fish.  It's a rule I stick to almost 100% of the time.  Fish goes bad extremely easily.  So, unless it's still frozen, hasn't passed the expiration date, and looks perfect, I will not eat dumpstered fish.  Sometimes, though, I'll find something that meets my exacting standards and I'll go ahead with it

Ingredients:
- Salmon
- Fennel seeds
- Dill
- Olive oil

Rub salmon with olive oil. Place it skin-side down on a tin foil covered (greased) baking pan. Sprinkle liberally with dill and fennel seed.

Broil for about 10 minutes, depending on the size of the fish (again, the internet can take care of these questions for you).  The fish is done when it flakes easily.  If you smell burning, it's probably the fennel, and it's probably past time to take out your fish.

If you want to make this last even longer, you can put it over a salad or make it into a sandwich. 

Items not dumpstered or donated: fennel seeds, dill, olive oil

No comments:

Post a Comment