June 12, 2012

May Bounty


So, May was also not a particularly fruitful dumpster bounty month for me either since I moved to a new house and also was away for about week in West Virginia (where I brought dumpstered food to make breakfast for some friends; they loved it).  I'll be back up there pretty soon, though, so I'll try to post a West Virginia-style Trash to Table road trip story sometime soon.

Tuesday 5/15 – I tried Trader Joe’s first, but the dumpster was literally too full to pull anything out of without being really conspicuous.  It was a bummer to see it all go to waste.  Instead, I hit up the Food Lion and still came out on top.

-       6 pkgs broccolini
-       1 head broccoli
-       1 yellow onion
-       3 large white potatoes
-       1 turnip
-       1 carrot
-       1 light green pepper
-       2 green bell peppers
-       1 bottle liquid aminos (basically healthier soy sauce)
-       1 pkg strawberries
-       1 head lettuce
-       4 pkgs white mushrooms
-       1 golden delicious apple
-       4 vine-ripe tomatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment