May 15, 2012

April Bounty

April was a ridiculously busy month for me, meaning I ended up eating out a little and made my dumpster bounty last a loooonnnggggggg time somehow since I only dumpstered once.

4/9
I ended up sharing some of this with a friend, but kept most/all of it.
Note: All the meat was frozen or super-cold to the touch, so I took it. Given how warm it's been getting, I normally wouldn't take meat this late in the year unless it was frozen...
- 2 pkg beef oxtails (frozen to make pho later!)
- 1 pkg beef ribs (marinated and grilled later)
- 1 pkg beef chuck steaks (2 per pkg)
- 1 pkg of MY FAVORITE BRAND OF BACON THAT WAS MONTHS AWAY FROM THE EXPIRATION DATE! This is dumpster magic.
- 5 zucchini
- 1 itty bitty head of broccoli
- 1 ear of corn
- 1 bunch of spring onions
- 1 bunch collards
- 1 bunch red leaf lettuce
- 2 bunches of radishe
- 4 bananas (used for oatmeal breakfasts!)
- 1 bunch celery
- 2 orange bell peppers
- 2 green bell peppers


And somehow, along with dried or frozen goods that I already had plus eating out a bit, I made this last a full month.  I'm pretty proud of myself on that front.

I'm about to move back into the city, which makes me a bit nervous for my dumpstering habits.  There are still a few good ones near my work, but I'll need to explore some closer to home...look forward to an entry on how to find new dumpsters!!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment